What I Am All About

Sunday, October 30, 2016

SOCIETY'S PERSONALITY DISORDERS

I want to talk about politics. Yes, I know, this site is about health and well-being not politics but it is exactly the current political climate that got me thinking how health (in this case mental health) and our society are connected.

What prompts me to consider this connection was the ground-breaking book People of the Lie by M. Scott Peck, M.D. In a nutshell, he attempts to scientifically analyze evil by advocating for making it a psychiatric illness. He links evil with Narcissistic Personality Disorder but fails to make finer distinctions, such as listing the other personality disorders that contain elements of narcissism. The following

Cluster B (dramatic, emotional or erratic disorders)

From Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment