What I Am All About

Monday, December 9, 2019

When a Doctor is a Patient

It is really um, “interesting” to do this. I have had a couple of visits where large parts of the exam were never done, yet the provider documented that they did.

My biggest issues are two-fold. First, when someone on the medical staff treats me like crap. That changes immediately when I inform them that I am a physician. Which really sucks when you consider how many patients are NOT docs.

The second is when I get sub-par service from Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. One recent episode illustrates both issues.

I tripped and broke my left arm near the shoulder while running for a bus to Chicago. When I got there, I went to an Immediate Care clinic in Park Ridge, IL. I think because of my reactions to the intense pain, the PA who saw me thought I was putting on an act in order to obtain narcotics. He manhandled my arm and his attitude was confrontational until he saw the X-rays. Then his tune changed.

What's this for to do with your Question? Well, the complaint letter I sent to administration DOES state that I am a physician!

Add a comment...

People are documenting things they don’t do, yep, in the point and click medical record

The PA should have held their judgement for the X Ray. Not sure if the same thing might not happen with a physician

No comments:

Post a Comment