What I Am All About

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Medicine and Politic: A Deadly Mix -Pin This

  From Libertarian Tom Woods comes a very insightful post concerning how physicians have gutted true medicine in the name of "Public Health." I can totally relate to the writer's insights and angst. I first noticed this in med school, and I also had the realization that my fellow students lock-stepped (thanks for the accurate image!) right into line. It was a lonely time of my life for me. I actually gave up discussing politics with these particular classmates. I felt very much alone.

"In my opinion, the medical intelligentsia is in complete lockstep with far-left politics. It is so fully ingrained that I personally don’t think it's possible for it to change from the inside. I think outside forces need to become aware of it. Without going into too much detail, the public health field is generally made up of people who define medicine to be such a broad term, that almost no area of our lives would not be subject to control by it. For example, gun control leads to trauma, so health experts should make policy on it. Poor housing leads to worse health outcomes, so health experts should make policy on housing subsidies/projects, etc...

"...It is the orthodox opinion that the medical community should advocate and push for policies (that always line up with left-wing politics)."


The Tom Woods Show




No comments:

Post a Comment