What I Am All About

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Collagen Part 1



I have a confession to make.

I make it a rule to blog about supplements only if I try them first. My reviews are honest, taking into account not only price, availability, taste (if applicable), and research, but most importantly, efficacy. The confession concerns collagen peptides: I just recently started adding the powder to my coffee and smoothies. Not enough time has gone by to add my own anecdotes.

I am once again falling back on the good people at BulletProof for help. If what they say is true (and I have little reason to doubt them), we should all start supplementing with collagen peptide powder starting at age 30, and/or increasing the consumption of foods high in collagen. From their website:

"Good dietary sources of collagen include:
  • Bone broth
  • Pork, salmon, and chicken skins
  • Non-muscle meats like tendon, tripe, oxtail, and knuckle
  • Egg yolk and eggshell membranes
Unless you eat these foods regularly, you're probably not getting enough collagen molecules in your diet --- which means you're missing out on those health benefits. That's where dietary collagen health supplements come in handy."


No comments:

Post a Comment