What I Am All About

Sunday, September 6, 2020

But You Cannot Cage Her Soul

"Chelsea Vosters, of Wisconsin, spent the first seven years of her life living in a dog cage."

Starting in 2004, Chelsea became my medical patient at Mendota Mental Health Insititute in Madison, WI. You couldn't find a nicer, more friendly youngster than her. She was shy and withdrawn, very cute, and polite, but she was always melancholy. Who wouldn't be? I loved to see her smile and laugh at my corny Dad jokes. One time I got to make her give me the biggest smile I have ever seen on a child.

Cookie was my wife at the time and she made the brilliant suggestion to buy Chelsea a necklace. So we went to the local Marshall Fields and bought one. I have to admit that I have an impeccable taste in lady's jewelry. I gave it to Chelsea the next day and will always cherish the look of surprise and joy.

Always.



No comments:

Post a Comment